The Premier Yoga Teacher Training School in the Greater Kansas City area!
Techniques, Training, and Practice
• Alignment Principles – Asana, Function & Energy
• Mindfulness Meditation, Chakras & Yoga Sutras
• Exploration of styles, including Yin, Chair, Restorative, Vinyasa Flow & Kids Yoga
• Sequencing & Language - Theming Classes from Welcome to Namaste
• Pranayama – Dynamics of Breathing
• Assisting & Adapt to all levels – Verbal & Hands-on
• Business of Yoga
Anatomy and Physiology
• Anatomy of movement & Physiology – Yoga & the Spine • History - Philosophy & Ethics
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
• Lifestyle & Ethics – Yoga Sutras, Yamas & Niyamas, Karma & Seva
• Discovering your Core Message & Voice with Art Journaling
• Living Yoga Off the Mat
• Practice teaching, receiving, giving feedback & assisting
(Required Homework every week)
Teaching Yoga Essential Foundations & Techniques by Mark Stephens
Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self - Jeff Krasno
$500 deposit. Then monthly payment options. Balance must be paid in full by November. 17th 2023
2 hours of Karma Classes in the community required
Ruthann is a fun-loving, creative spirit who creates a joyful and positive environment for everyone who enters her classes or workshops. As the lead 200RYT trainer of the Zen Zone Yoga school, she welcomes teachers and students and guides them to a path of self-love. She integrates alignment, core work, and breathing with creative sequencing. Her classes are dynamic and inspiring! Each class will energize your body and cultivate a meditative consciousness, fostering greater vitality and improved health. Ruthann is a 500 E-RYT with Yoga Alliance. She has over 30+ years of teaching experience! She is a loving mother of 3 amazing daughters, dedicated to being fearless and helping others.
I believe yoga is for everyone. I want to inspire people to become the person they were created to be physically, mentally and spiritually. I’m a E-RYT with well over 15,000 hours on the mat as an instructor. My classes are warm, challenging and soulful . Inspired by all kinds of music, I use gentle alignments to help yogis discover more about their own body. I share thought provoking insights to challenge yogis to live yoga “off the mat” and bring the 8 limbs of yoga to the practice. When I’m not teaching yoga or co-leading Zen Zone Yoga Teacher Training, I’m a certified health and life coach for a Functional medicine practice in Kansas City, MO. I’m married to my college sweetheart, have 3 children, 5 grandchildren and a dog. You’ll find me doing yoga on the water at Lake Jacomo on my SUP or our sailboat; I also enjoy cooking, cycling, hiking, knitting, reading, running and getting creative anyway I can. I hope to see you on the mat soon!