Kundalini & Restorative Yoga - 90 min class
When: Jan 20, 6:30-8PM
Where: Megan's Yoga Tribe Studio in downtown Lee's Summit
What to Bring: yoga mat & water
Wear: All white and a head covering
Investment in yourself: $30
This revitalizing and restorative class will guide you through 60- minutes of Kundalini yoga and 30 minutes of restorative yoga.
Kundalini yoga will take you through kriyas, including active movements, breathwork, mudras, and chanting, to open your energy centers and enhance the flow of lifeforce.
You will then be guided into a restorative yoga practice, including 1-2 long holding poses with props to support the body fully.
Please wear white (this helps to radiate your natural life force) and a head covering (such as a scarf), which helps to keep the energy flowing into your body versus releasing out the top of the head.
Benefits of Kundalini Yoga:
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Strengthens your physical and energetic core
- Enhances clarity
- Balances your energy and electromagnetic field
- It helps support the breaking of bad habits
- Awakens intuition
- Awakens your perception of feeling and seeing energy
Benefits of Restorative Yoga:
- Deeply relaxes the body
- Stills a busy mind
- Releases muscular tension, improving mobility and flexibility
- Improves capacity for healing and balancing
- Balances the nervous system
- Boosts the immune system
- Develops qualities of compassion and understanding toward others and self
About Ahlara Faith Kent:
Ahlara is a certified Yoga teacher, Quantum Living Coach, Oil Anointing Priestess, and Spiritual Teacher. She completed her 200 hr training in 2012 at The Yoga School of Therapeutics, where she studied Iyengar, restorative and therapeutic Yoga. In 2013 she received her 220 hr training from the 3HO Foundation in Kundalini Yoga. She is the owner and CEO of The Light of Truth Temple, where she shares her teachings through classes, workshops, retreats, and sacred travel to destinations such as Egypt. Currently, she is enrolled at Southwestern College in Sante Fe, NM, where she is studying for a Master's in Consciousness in Action.
Ahlara’s classes and events will help you to feel safe, happy, and joyful in your body! She uses trauma-sensitive techniques inviting you into self-empowered choice so you can fully transform and awaken at the deepest level possible.
By signing up for this workshop/class you are acknowledging the following waiver of liability I hereby agree to the following:
- I understand that yoga includes physical movements as well as an opportunity for relaxation, stress re-education and relief of muscular tension. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. If I experience any pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body, discontinue the activity, and ask for support from the instructor. I will continue to breathe smoothly. I assume full responsibility for any and all damages, which may incur
through participation and attendance of the venue, and waive all liability of the Megan's Yoga Tribe and our instructors.
- I will inform the instructor of any health related
issues I have that may affect me whilst participating in the class.
- Megan's Yoga Tribe and the instructors are not in any way responsible for any loss or damage of your personal property.
- I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Megan's Yoga Tribe and any of its instructors for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the class. I, my heirs and legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Megan's Yoga Tribe or any instructors.